This year Remembrance Sunday is on November 14 and Armistice Day is on Thursday, November 11.
On this page you will find links to news and information from The Church of England in Lancashire (Blackburn Diocese) to help you mark the occasions. Parishes across the Diocese will have special services during this period.
What follows are links to other relevant websites for further information and resources to help mark the occasion ...
- Click here to go 'A Church Near You' ... the national website where you can find your local church here in Lancashire and events taking place across the County so you can participate in services near you.
- If you would rather participate online at this time, you will find links to churches providing livestreams here on a related website to A Church Near You.
- Many open air Remembrance Sunday services are returning this year across the County of Lancashire. Visit this page for mainly central and West Lancashire and also this page for East Lancashire and this page for Wigan and surrounding areas to find out about the main ones you can attend if you wish to do so.
Reflection and prayer video
A special reflection and prayer video has been produced by The Church of England ...
National Church online service for Remembrance Sunday
A national service for Remembrance Sunday will be available online from November 14. You can watch it on this page here where, until Sunday, on the same page you will find a special trailer for the service. Any problems with accessing on this page the service will also be available on The Church of England YouTube channel here.
Every week our Diocesan website features a 'Weekly Sermon' from a member of the clergy or laity in the Diocese. This week's sermon focuses on Remembrance Sunday and is written by Rev. Calum Crombie, Prison Chaplain at HMP Wymott. Read it here.
Resources for all ages
- Click here for resources from our Diocesan Board of Education to help Youth Leaders in parishes engage with their young people about Remembrance
- Click here for events taking place throughout the day on Remembrance Sunday, November 11, at Lancashire's Anglican Cathedral in Blackburn.
- All age prayer resources for The Church of England are available here
- Helpful Remembrance resources from Churches Together in Britain and Ireland, including an Order of Service, are available here.
- Here is another Church of England Order of Service option in pdf format.
- More resources here for Remembrance from the Church Support Hub
Other useful Remembrance links
Ronnie Semley, November 2021