Last updated 9th August 2017
Thank you to those of you who have chosen to serve God and your community thrugh the office of Churchwarden.
Please find below a list of the primary duties of a Churchwarden.
1. To be a Christian:
- committed to and believing in the Jesus Christ as your own personal Saviour and Lord.
- now living out your life as a Servant of Christ and `given` to building the Kingdom of God.
2. To be a Christian leader:
- setting an example of Christian life and holiness
- growing in Christian maturity and wisdom
- convinced of the Gospel and God`s calling.
- to make being a Churchwarden a priority.
3. To work Collaboratively in Partnership:
- with Humility and Graciousness
- as a peacemaker, bridge builder and reconciler
- with loyalty and co-operation especially towards the Priest and others in leadership.
4. To co-operate with the Priest in leading the Whole Mission of the Church:
5. To be the Bishop`s Officer:
- attend any meeting of the Bishop, Chancellor or Archdeacon when summoned.
- report any matter of serious neglect within the Parish.
- make accurate replies to any `articles of enquiry`.
6. To be Stewards of the Church Building and Furnishings:
- keep the church/parish Inventory and Log Book up to date.
- oversee security
- inspect and report on the church fabric each year.
7. Other duties:
- responsible for seating
- oversee the taking and recording of collections
- provide bread/wine under direction of priest.
- welcome visiting clergy/arrange for necessary clergy cover in co-operation with priest.
- ensure that the parish`s financial obligations are met.
- work with the Area Dean and Archdeacon especially during times of vacancy.
- make sure of a good hand-over to your successor.