Last updated 5th June 2018
Growing Leaders for Jesus Christ
The Growing Leaders for Jesus Christ Vision 2026 theme has the four priorities listed below, with some questions for you to consider individually or as a church:
Supporting and equipping the current leadership for today's context
- Have your clergy participated in the Ministerial Development Review process?
- Do your licensed lay workers have up to date ministry agreements?
- Do your leadership attend diocesan and other training events?
Enabling missional leadership in every Christian community
- How many of your leadership team and congregation are confident in sharing their faith?
- Have you sought advice from the Parish Mission Support and/or Diocesan Evangelism Team in running missional events?
Liberating lay leadership for greater participation
- How many lay people are actively involved in leading services/activities in your church/parish?
- Do you have house/growth/cell groups that meet regularly and are lay led?
Creating the varied patterns of Sunday and weekday worship necessary to welcome all kinds of people, especially the newcomer
- Have you reviewed your service times recently?
- Have you considered holding services at times other than Sunday morning?