Last updated 24th January 2022
What is Vision 2026?
‘Healthy Churches Transforming Communities’
We desire to make the Good News about Jesus Christ more widely known, because we believe:
- He is the One who brings ‘life in all its fullness’
- Healthy church communities have a positive and transformative impact on our society.
We will work together to achieve this by:
Making disciples of Jesus Christ
- Knowing the Scriptures better through reading, teaching, preaching and study
- Praying with greater depth and urgency for the Kingdom of God to come
- Worshipping in spirit and truth
- Giving generously of our time, talents and money to the cause of Christ
Being witnesses to Jesus Christ
- Sharing the Gospel of salvation with confidence
- Meeting human need: actions as well as words
- Planting 10 Strategic Church Plants and 200 New Local Congregations
- Caring for God’s creation
Growing leaders for Jesus Christ
- Developing a diocesan-wide culture of vocational discernment so that all may hear God’s call and use their gifts in the service of the Gospel.
- Discerning and forming theologically literate lay and ordained leaders, rooted in prayer and with a deep love of the Lord Jesus
- Nurturing a healthy partnership between clergy and laity by fully implementing the Lay Majority Ministry framework
- Forming and supporting a pipeline of highly motivated deacons and priests in order to enable the Diocese’s clergy deployment strategy
Inspiring Children and Young People to raise up a new generation for Christ
- Discipling and nurturing children and young people in their Faith
- Holding regular worship that is accessible and appealing to children and young people and their families.
- Enabling growth in the numbers of leaders of children and young people
- Leveraging a step change in ministry with those aged 11-16
- Facilitating effective partnerships between churches and schools
The Diocesan Vision Prayer
Heavenly Father, we embrace Your call for us to make disciples, to be witnesses, to grow leaders and inspire children and young people. Give us eyes to see Your vision, ears to hear the prompting of Your Spirit and courage to follow in the footsteps of your Son, our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. Amen
Ronnie Semley, page last updated January 2022