Last updated 1st September 2020
Being Witnesses to Jesus Christ
The Being Witnesses to Jesus Christ Vision 2026 theme is encouraging people to be authentic witnesses: naturally sharing their faith in words and actions in their spheres of influence.
Light the Beacons: “You are the light of the world. A town built on hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on a stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house” (Matthew 5.13-14)
Call out Caedmons to speak their own languages: “Utterly amazed… we hear them declaring the wonders of God in our own languages” (Acts 2.11)
Sharing the Gospel with confidence
- Light the Beacons: Watch Thy Kingdom Come highlights here and find out how churches are bringing light to their communities.
- Call out Caedmons to speak their own languages: Find out here how God used Caedmon. Listen to real life testimonies of people walking with God everyday here.
- Pray for your family and friends: For ideas on how to do this, click here.
- Share the diocesan services with others: Services can be found here.
- Hold a Christian Enquiry Course such as: Alpha; Start!; Christianity Explored; Pilgrim.
- Top tips for running a course can be found here.
Meeting human need: action as well as words
Planting 10 Strategic Church Plants and 200 New Local Congregations
- We are growing new worshipping communities in our Outer Estates
- Baptisms, weddings, funerals and other life events create opportunities for ministry and mission. Resources can be found here
- Messy Church and Lyrics and Lunch are two examples of ways churches are creating new local congregations
- Sports and wellbeing activities provide opportunities for witness. Blackburn diocese is working with National church leaders to encourage more people to share their faith through sport. Read more about this here and find out about our Sports' Ministry.