Last updated 30th July 2019
Vision Companions - assistance with Vision Action Planning
What is a Vision Companion? Who are they? What do they do? Why are they here? How can they help you?
If you are developing your parish vision or looking at Vision Action Planning, Vision Companions can help by providing:
- A companion for the leader(s)
- A sounding Board
- Suggestions for approaches and tools
- Mentoring and Coaching
- Helping people share good practice or resources to help each other – making connections
- Training on VAP and the VAP process
Who are they?
- Ordinary church leaders, ordained or lay who have practical experience of applying Vision 2026 at parish level and have developed effective local action plans.
- Able to work effectively with a range of church traditions
- Non judgemental
Why might you need one?
- Because working on Vision 2026 can require a different approach and new skills.
- Because it’s a way sharing the journey and examples of good practice
- Because it’s a good way to learn
- Because it enables effective use of resources
For more information or to request a Vision Companion, please contact Grant Ashton who can give you more details or help find a companion to work with you.