As part of the Parish Mission and Support Department we offer services for children and families affected by separation and divorce. These include:
- Mediation for couples regarding arrangements for children
- Supported Contact at Mill Hill Early Years centre in Blackburn on Saturdays
- Supervised Contact at St Philips in Nelson
- Separating Parents Information Programme ( Court Ordered)
Our child contact services are all accredited by the National Association of Child Contact Centres
Mediation – ‘resolving issues in a civilised and respectful manner’
Mediation can help you to have the difficult conversations you need to enable you to plan for the future for you and your children. Through mediation you can….
- Gain clarity about the issues you need to discuss
- Develop an agreement
- Reduce the financial costs associated with court hearings
- Avoid or reduce time spend in court
- Reduce conflict
For more information and a referral form for mediation please contact Christine Duckworth on email@example.com or 01254 503271
Supported Contact provides a safe and friendly environment for contact to take place between the child(ren) and parent(s), or other family members, where the relationship between the 2 parents, or between parents and other family members, has broken down. Referrals come through solicitors, courts or from families themselves.
How does it work?
- The Contact Centre operates on a Saturday morning in the Early Years Centre in Mill Hill, Blackburn and is appropriate for families where there are low risks
- A paid co-ordinator and a team of volunteers are on hand to assist with contacts as appropriate
- Families attend the centre for a planned period of time and assistance is given to families to help them move forward with their contact arrangements
- We can provide a safe, neutral venue for handovers where estranged family members don’t want to meet
- The centre is used by up to 10 families at a time
For more information or advice on how we may be able to help you and your family please contact Christine Duckworth on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01254 503271 (Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday 8.30 -4.30) - 07857636461 (Saturdays ONLY)
Supervised Contact is appropriate where more information is needed for court or where there are concerns about the family situation, eg where there has been domestic abuse, drug or alcohol abuse or where children need more support in contact sessions. The contact is supervised by paid qualified staff and reports are written.
How does it work?
- There is a charge for this service unless the referral is made through CAFCASS
- Contacts take place at Grassroots in Nelson
- Reports are written by a paid qualified member of staff
- The service is provided for one family at a time
- We can also accommodate indirect contact to share a letter with a child, escorted contact in the community, direct work with a child to prepare them for contact and handovers
For more information or advice on how we may be able to help you and your family please contact Lesley Jenkinson on email@example.com or 01254 503276 (Monday - Friday 9.00 - 5.00) - 07919618544 (Saturdays ONLY)