Christians have a particular responsibility in environmental matters as we believe that God is the Author, Redeemer and Sustainer of all creation.
The Blackburn Diocese Environment Group meets three to four times each year in order to:.
- Promote environmental concern, action and education within the diocese
- Encourage the diocese, deaneries, parishes and church members, both individually and corporately, to review their working in line with best environmental practice and to identify possibilities for improvement, and to share examples of good practice.
- The group has submitted an in-depth and challenging response to the outline vision for the Diocese being formulated by Bishop Julian
- Be a resource for the Bishop and others
- Be a channel for information and ideas for action between the diocese and the wider world
- Be a forum in which serious theological reflection can take place.