|Now in its fifteenth year, this highly popular course is specifically designed for clergy and lay leaders from across different traditions who are looking for help and encouragement in leading their churches into growth|
The course takes the form of an open seminar with interactive talks, practical exercises and time and space for personal reflection. Leaders are available to answer questions and examine the profile of each of the churches represented by the participants on the course.
Course Topics Include:
- Becoming a positive leader
- Leading a positive team
- Understanding our context and mission field
- Becoming a mission church
- Sharing practical mission event ideas
- Preparing and stimulating lay people for evengelism
- Establishing growth structures, strategies and principles
- Encouraging missionary worship
- Developing a culture of invitation and welcome
- Creating a church community
Our diocese has been running this course under license for the past two years, and over 100 clergy have attended. The last diocesan course was held in February 2009. SInce then, clergy can book a place on a national course - see their website at www.leadingyourchurchintogrowth.org.uk. Clergy can apply to the Board of Ministry for a grant.
In addition, our diocese runs one-day events for lay leaders.
For more details contact Canon Mike Chew 01282 680266 email: firstname.lastname@example.org