Home / Events / Residential Retreats: Pray As You Can - Whalley Abbey /
Residential Retreats: Pray As You Can - Whalley Abbey
The Spirituality Programme at Whalley Abbey continues this year with a series of great events.
Please note, to be sure of numbers the Abbey requires booking for all the following.
Starting from June and continuing for the rest of the year there will be a series of residential retreats:
- From June 6 – 8 at the Abbey there will be a residential retreat ‘Pray As You Can’ led by Whalley vicar Rev Jonathan Carmyllie, exploring the rich heritage of Christian prayer, starting with the Celtic saints. Cost is £115 per person full board.
- On July 10 – 12 at the Abbey another residential retreat - ‘The Spiritual Life of a Priest’ - will be led by Archdeacon Mark. The cost is also £115 per person full board.
- From September 11 – 13 at the Abbey the residential retreat entitled ‘Tales By The Sea’ will be led by Rev Sally Ratcliffe and will explore the gospel stories set on and around the Sea of Galilee. Cost is £125 full board.
- From December 4 – 6 at the Abbey there will be an ‘Advent Retreat’ led by Rev Jonathan Carmyllie, Vicar of Whalley and the cost for this event will £125 per person, full board.
In addition to the Residential Retreats a series of Spirituality Days costing £15 per person, including a soup and sandwich lunch, continues over the second half of the year as follows:
- July 27: Rev Sally Ratcliffe – ‘This is my story, this is my song’ – a time of reflecting on the Christian journey and how to share this with others.
- September 28 – Archdeacon Michael will lead a day entitled ‘Psalms: Songs for Life’.
- November 2 – Rev Jonathan Carmyllie on ‘Let the Perpetual Light Shine’; on All Souls Day, an opportunity to reflect on the ways in which we remember those who have died.
Finally at the Abbey this year as part of the Spirituality Programme, Archdeacon Mark will lead a series of Reading Days for clergy, starting and finishing with prayers, on July 20, August 16, September 20, October 18 and November 22. These Quiet Days are free. Refreshments are provided. Bring your own lunch to the Quiet Days.
In addition to all the above, Holy Communion is also celebrated every Friday morning at 9.30am at Whalley Abbey and all are welcome.
The Abbey also welcomes bookings for individual retreats, or groups wanting to use the Abbey for private retreats.
For further information on all the above events and to book, please contact the Abbey office on 01254 828400 or email email@example.com